COUPLES AND ADDICTION RECOVERY
Gottman Approach for Therapists, Counselors and Addiction Professionals. This one-day training teaches interventions and tools for a relational approach to healing that includes the addict’s recovery, the partner’s recovery, and their relationship’s recovery.
The Gottman Method is an approach to couples therapy that includes a thorough assessment of the couples relationship and integrates research-based interventions based on the Sound Relationship House Theory.
May 11, 2018 at Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Building 12- Green Room
6100 N Western Ave, OKC, OK 73118
Facilitated by Dr. Robert Navarra (Want to know more about the presenter? Click here)
Register Before April 11, 2018 and receive a discount!
Price includes 6 CEUs, Gottman material packet and lunch
-$125 Early Bird Special (before April 11, 2018)
-$175 Regular Rate
-$100 Student/No CEU Rate
Cancellation Policy: A complete refund, minus a $25 administration fee, is given up to 2 weeks (14 days) prior to workshop’s start date. If cancellation occurs for any reason within the 2 weeks prior to the event no refunds will be given.
Continuing Education Information:
-6 Continuing Education Units
-Oklahoma Board Pre-Approvals Include: LCSW and LADC (6 D&A Specific), LPC, LMFT, CM, CMII, APA (Psychologist), Gambling.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify three assessment techniques for determining addiction
- Identify techniques designed to help couples develop or strengthen a relational approach in addiction recovery
- Apply therapeutic techniques to help break denial of addiction
- Describe and apply two techniques to help couples in addiction recovery manage conflict
- Describe the three components of the Couple Recovery Development Approach
- Describe Gottman specific Couples Therapy techniques adapted to assist couples in addiction recovery
Tentative Program Schedule
- Registration 8:30am to 9:00am
- Presentation 9am to 10:30am (1.30)ceus
- Break 10:30am to 11:00am
- Presentation 11am to 12:30pm (1.30)ceus
- Lunch 12:30pm to 1:30pm
- Presentation 1:30pm to 3:00 pm (1.30)ceus
- Break 3:00pm to 3:30pm
- Presentation 3:30pm to 4:30pm (1.30)ceus
- Q&A 4:30pm to 5:00pm